Is Direct Mail right for your business?
Want to convince your boss that direct mail is right for your business?
Direct Mail is a powerful communication medium. Not only does it get your message straight into the hands of your customers, but it can also deliver a sample or a coupon, that gets your product there too. And when you send magazines or catalogues, they are often kept for future reference; in fact 18% of direct mail is kept to look at again.
High response rate
More than 92% of direct mail is opened and 48% of UK adults took action after receiving direct mail last year:
• 14.2m bought something
• 10.5m used a voucher or coupon
• 2.8m tried a new product or service
• 3m made an enquiry by phone
More powerful than digital
As customers face email fatigue and the novelty wears off banner advertising, direct mail is again outperforming digital. Direct mail delivers an average £3.22 return on investment compared with online’s £3.12 for every £1 spent. And don’t forget the digitally disenfranchised. According to TGI 58% of those over 65 and 46.6% of those in socio-economic group E have not used the internet in the past year.
Direct mail improves mail order
Nearly 18m people ordered from mail order catalogues or their associated websites in the past 12 months; 43% online, 30% by post and 25% by telephone.
• Recipients notice them: 90% of consumers read catalogues sent to them.
• Recipients act on them: 70% go online after receiving catalogues.
• Recipients buy more often: 70%+ increase in number of purchases.
• Recipients spend more: £110 increase in online spending.
If you need some help with your direct mail planning, you can contact us and discuss your requirements with our team of direct mail experts.